Wednesday, 20 April 2011

What a Wonderful Life

Today marks one week from when I left home.  It hardly seems like a week.  So many things have happened that it seems almost impossible that a whole week has already passed.  Yet, it also seems like such a short span of time that has gone by so quickly.  

I have fallen in love with this place.  This evening I just stood outside and closed my eyes while the breeze softly caressed my back.  The sweet twittering of songbirds filled the air, along with the sound of someone humming in the kitchen,  someone peeling potatoes for dinner, and someone turning a page as they read a book.  I smiled to myself as I let the immense beauty of this place wash over me.   

I have discovered that I really like gardening.  I find it peaceful and almost meditative.  On Monday, I thinned the lettuce and then helped put up a fence. Yesterday morning, we went to a market in a nearby town.  In the afternoon, I helped plant tomatoes.  Then in the evening, the other WWOOFer here taught me how to play some basic chords on his guitar.  Early this morning, we went over to a different farm to help out there.  We were given the job of weeding the lavender.  As we pulled the lavender from the grasp of the grass and weeds, its sweet aroma hung in the air.  Everything here is so lovely.  

What more could this amazing piece of paradise have in store for me?  Only time will tell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment